Discover Japan 13 Day – Fully Escorted Tour
This fully escorted tour takes you to major sightseeing spots in Japan. Travel by coach, train and the world famous Bullet Train with your Japan Rail Pass.
Discover an amazing variety of places from the modern cities of Tokyo and Osaka to the peaceful countryside of Takayama. Explore Japanese tradition and culture in Kyoto, the ancient capital of Japan, with its thousands of shrines and temples.
Visit historic Hiroshima Atomic Bomb Dome and feed the deer on Miyajima Island.
|Departures||2017: 03, 17 Sep, 01, 15, 29 Oct, 12, 26 Nov
2018: 11, 18, 25 Mar , 01, 08, 15 Apr, 06, 20 May
This Discover Japan Tour will operate with an experienced JTB escort and local guides where applicable who can help with the entire trip, from sightseeing to shopping and dining.
|Tour Inclusions||• 12 nights accommodation with daily breakfast
• Welcome dinner, Day 3 at Hakone and farewell dinner
• Japan Rail Pass 7-day Economy Class
• Return airport transfers to your hotel
• Tokyo 1 day tour (lunch included)
• Fuji & Hakone 1 day tour (lunch included)
• Takayama half day tour
• Kanazawa half day city tour
• Osaka half day tour
• Hiroshima 1 day tour
• Himeji half day tour
• Kyoto 1 day tour (lunch included)
• 3 luggage transfer services (Tokyo – Takayama – Osaka – Kyoto)
• Tour escort starts from Day 2
|Prices from (Per person, Land Only)||Single: NZ$9,465
• For full list of prices, please contact JTB New Zealand.
• Minimum 10 persons for the tour to operate, maximum 20
• Special airfares in conjunction with this tour are available, please contact JTB New Zealand.
|Accommodation||Tokyo: Grand Prince Hotel Takanawa (Deluxe room) or Keio Plaza Hotel
Hakone: Ryokan, Japanese Style room (With Onsen)
Takayama: Hida Hotel Plaza or Takayama Green Hotel Main Building
Kanazawa: Hotel Nikko Kanazawa
Osaka: Hotel Granvia Osaka
Hiroshima: Hotel Granvia Hiroshima
Kyoto: New Miyako Hotel Kyoto (Premium floor)
• All hotels are subject to change at any stage due to availability. The same category hotel will be confirmed if hotel changes.
|Upon arrival at Narita/Haneda Airport, clear customs and immigration before boarding the Airport Limousine Bus to your accommodation in Tokyo for 2 nights.|
|Tokyo 1 day sightseeing tour visiting, Tokyo Sky Tree, Tsukiji Outer Market, lunch, Asakusa Kannon Temple, Nakamise Shopping Arcade and Ginza, Akihabara (drive-by).|
|Luggage transfer to Takayama.
Full day excursion to Mt Fuji and Hakone. Travel by coach half way up the mountain to the 5th station of Mt Fuji and the Mt Fuji Visitor Centre. Cruise on Lake Ashi and ride on the ropeway. Lunch is included today.
Welcome Dinner at your Ryokan in Hakone.
|Depart for Takayama via Nagoya by Shinkansen. Accommodation in Takayama for 2 nights.|
|Half day sightseeing tour of Takayama, visiting Hida Folklore Village, Hida Takayama Matsurino Mori, Takayama Jinya (National Historic Relic, The Takayama Local Agency of the Tokugawa Government) and Sanmachi
Traditional Building Preservation Area.
|Send your large luggage on to Osaka. Depart Takayama by bus, visit Gokayama, World Heritage listed area and experience Japanese paper making. Lunch is included today. Accommodation in Kanazawa for 1 night.|
|This morning join a Kanazawa city tour, visiting Higashi Chayagai, Kenroku-en Garden, Nagamachi Buke Yashiki, and Omicho Market. In the afternoon travel to Osaka by JR Limited Express. Accommodation in Osaka for 1 night.|
|Send your large luggage on to Kyoto. This morning visit Osaka city sights, including Osaka Castle and Floating Garden Observatory. In the afternoon travel to Hiroshima by Shinkansen. Accommodation in Hiroshima for 2 nights.|
|Full day sightseeing tour of Hiroshima, visiting Miyajima Island, the Itsukushima Shinto Shrine, and the Hiroshima Atomic Bomb Dome (World Heritage listed).|
|In the morning depart for Kyoto via Himeji by Shinkansen. Upon arrival in Himeji visit Himeji Castle and Koko-en Garden. The tour will finish in Kyoto.
Accommodation in Kyoto for 3 nights.
|Full day sightseeing in Kyoto visiting, the Golden Pavilion, Heian Shrine, Sanjusangendo and Yasaka Jingu Shrine. Lunch today is included.|
|Free day to explore more of Kyoto city. Farewell dinner at a local restaurant in Kyoto.|
|Your tour finishes today after breakfast. Transfer to Kansai or Itami Airport is included after tour concludes.|
• A fair amount of walking is involved on this tour.
• Hotels are subject to change of the same category.
• Daily schedule is subject to change due to weather, transport or any other unforeseen circumstances.
• Luggage transfers as per tour itinerary are recommended by JTB as there is limited space on local transport. The Japan hotel luggage transfer service is very reliable; your large luggage will be safe when you send it on to the next city – as stated on this itinerary.
B : Breakfast L : Lunch D : Dinner
Please fill out the form below to book your tour.
Terms and Conditions
- Please read the general booking conditions carefully as they incorporate the basis upon which bookings are accepted by JTB New Zealand Ltd. (“JTB”)