Explore Japan by Rail 21 Day – Fully Escorted Tour
Sit back and relax as you travel on some of the world’s fastest high-speed trains, including the world famous Bullet Train (Shinkansen). This fully escorted tour will take you by train all over Japan, using a Japan Railpass. Stay in hotels near the stations. Visit historic Hiroshima and Kyoto. Enjoy the Japanese countryside of Takayama and the excitement of Tokyo.
|Departures||2016: 25 Sep, 16 Oct, 06 Nov
2017: 19 Mar, 09 Apr, 14 May
This Discover Japan Tour will operate with an experienced JTB escort and local guides where applicable who can help with the entire trip, from sightseeing to shopping and dining.
|Tour Inclusions||• 20 nights accommodation with daily breakfast
• 2 lunches and 5 dinners
• Return airport transfers
• Rail station to hotel transfers if required
• Tokyo 1 day tour
• Osaka afternoon tour
• Himeji half day Tour
• Kyoto 1 day tour
• Hakone and Lake Ashi tour
• Hokkaido Lake Shikotsu, Sapporo full day tour
• Japan Rail Pass 14-day Economy Class
• Domestic flights from Tokyo – Osaka, Osaka – Nagasaki, Sapporo – Tokyo
• 6 luggage transfers (Tokyo – Nagasaki – Kyoto – Takayama – Tokyo – Hakodate – Tokyo)
• Tour escort starts from day 2
|Prices from (Per person, Land Only)||Single: NZ$13,735
• For full list of prices, please contact JTB New Zealand.
• Minimum 10 persons for the tour to operate, maximum 20
• Special airfares in conjunction with this tour are available, please contact JTB New Zealand.
|Accommodation||Tokyo: Grand Prince New Takanawa Hotel
Osaka: Hilton Osaka / Hankyu International
Nagasaki: Hotel New Nagasaki
Hiroshima Hotel Granvia Hiroshima
Kyoto: Kyoto Century Hotel
Kanazawa: Hotel Nikko Kanazawa
Takayama: Hida Hotel Plaza / Best Western Takayama
Hakone: Yoshiike Ryokan
Sendai: Hotel Metropolitan Sendai
Hakodate: Loisir Hotel Hakodate
Sapporo: Keio Plaza Sapporo
• All hotels are subject to change at any stage due to availability. The same category hotel will be confirmed if hotel changes.
|Upon arrival at Narita/Haneda Airport, clear customs and immigration before boarding the Airport Limousine Bus to Tokyo.|
|Tokyo 1 day sightseeing tour visiting, Tokyo Sky Tree, Tsukiji Outer Market, lunch, Asakusa Kannon Temple, Nakamise Shopping Arcade and Ginza, Akihabara (drive-by). Welcome dinner at a local restaurant.|
|Send your large luggage onto Nagasaki. Depart for Osaka on JAL domestic flight. After arrival at Itami Airport, tour Osaka for a half day visiting, Osaka Castle, Osaka Sky Garden and Namba Area.|
|Transfer to Itami Airport by bus for your flight to Nagasaki. Upon arrival, transfer to downtown Nagasaki by airport bus. Today you will validated you Japan Rail Pass with your tour escort.|
|Optional sightseeing with tour escort visiting, famous places in Nagasaki, Old Glover Garden and Dejima.|
|Send your large luggage onto Kyoto. In the morning, transfer to Nagasaki Station and depart by train to Hiroshima. Optional sightseeing with tour escort visiting, Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park and Atomic Bomb Dome.|
|Optional sightseeing with tour escort visiting, Miyajima Island and the World Heritage listed Itsukushima Shinto Shrine. This famous icon is known for its floating red torii gate in the water|
|Board the Shinkansen for Himeji. Visit Himeji Castle & Koko Garden with your tour escort before arriving into Kyoto. Tonight, enjoy a special dinner at a local temple in Kyoto.|
|Full day sightseeing in Kyoto visiting, the Golden Pavilion, Heian Shrine, Sanjusangendo and Yasaka Jingu Shrine. Lunch today is included.|
|Optional sightseeing with tour escort visiting, Arashiyama and Sagano area (Bamboo Grove). Afternoon free at leisure.|
|Send your large luggage onto Takayama. Depart for Kanazawa by JR limited express. Optional sightseeing with tour escort visiting, some famous spots in Kanazawa, the Higashi Chaya District, Kenroku Garden and old Samurai House.|
|Depart for Toyama and continue travelling to Takayama by JR limited express. Optional sightseeing with tour escort visiting some famous spots in Takayama, San-machi, a traditional Japanese village area and Takayama Jinya.|
|Optional sightseeing with tour escort visiting some famous spots in Takayama. Hida Folk Village, Matsurino-mori. Afternoon free to explore more of Takayama city.|
|Send your large luggage onto Tokyo. Depart for Nagoya by JR limited express and continue onto Hakone by Shinkansen. Dinner tonight is at your Ryokan in Hakone.|
|Today’s Hakone and Lake Ashi sightseeing tour will include Mt Fuji viewing spots, Lake Ashi Cruise, Owakudani Valley, Mt Komagatake and Hakone Ropeway. In the afternoon depart for Tokyo.|
|Send your large luggage onto Hakodate. In the morning depart Tokyo and board the Shinkansen for Sendai. Optional sightseeing with tour escort in the afternoon. Take a Matsushima Bay cruise and then visiting Zuiganji Temple.|
|In the afternoon depart for Hakodate by Shinkansen via Seikan Tunnel crossing under the Tsugaru Strait. Optional sightseeing with tour escort in the evening visiting Hakodate Mountain.|
|Send your large luggage onto Tokyo. Optional sightseeing with tour escort in the morning visiting some famous spots in Hakodate, the Waterfront Warehouses, old churches of Hakodate, and Daisanzaka Slope. Board a Limited Express train for Sapporo.|
|Full day sightseeing tour of Sapporo, visiting Lake Shikotsu, Shiroi Koibito Park, Okurayama Viewing Point and Sapporo Beer Museum. Tonight, enjoy a farewell dinner.|
|In the afternoon transfer to Shin Chitose Airport by train for your domestic flight to Tokyo.|
|Your tour finishes today after breakfast. Transfer to Narita or Haneda Airport is included after tour concludes.|
• Optional sightseeing (as stated on this itinerary) with tour escort: Local transfer costs, entrance fees and lunches on these tours are NOT included in the tour cost (21 days approximately NZ$240 per person).
• A fair amount of walking is involved on this tour.
• Hotels are subject to change of the same category.
• Daily schedule is subject to change due to weather, transport or any other unforeseen circumstances.
• Luggage transfers as per tour itinerary are recommended by JTB as there is limited space on local transport. The Japan hotel luggage transfer service is very reliable; your large luggage will be safe when you send it onto the next city – as stated on this itinerary.
• Please contact JTB New Zealand for further details.
B : Breakfast L : Lunch D : Dinner
Please fill out the form below to book your tour.
Terms and Conditions
- Please read the general booking conditions carefully as they incorporate the basis upon which bookings are accepted by JTB New Zealand Ltd. (“JTB”)