Scenic Hokkaido 7 Days – Fully Escorted Tour
Discover the natural beauty and rich culture of Hokkaido, Japan’s northern region. This region is known for its beautiful nature, wild flowers, deer and bird life, clear lakes and picturesque mountain terrain.
|Departures||2016: 5th September
This tour will operate with an experienced local English speaking guide, who will escort and guide you for all aspects of the tour from sightseeing to shopping and dining. Note: This tour involves a fair amount of walking, and will require a reasonable level of fitness.
|Tour Inclusions||• 6 nights accommodation (3-3.5 stars)
• Daily breakfast, 2 lunches and 6 dinners
• Sightseeing with guide
• Transport included with sightseeing as per itinerary
• 1 luggage transfer service from Kushiro to Sapporo (Day 5)
*Optional Extended Stay:
• 1 night accommodation (Day 7)
• Breakfast and lunch
• Sightseeing at Lake Shiraoi and Lake Shikotsu with guide
|Prices from (Per person, Land Only)||Twin: NZ$4,145
*Optional Extended Stay: NZ$4,660
Day 7 – Lake Shiraoi & Shikotsu
|After breakfast meet your tour escort and depart for Biei by coach, visiting Shikisai no Oka and Goto Sumio Art Gallery. In the afternoon travel to Asahidake staying for 2 nights.|
|Travel to Mt Asahidake for a hiking expedition. Catch a ropeway to Sugatami Station and hike around the Sugatami-Daira area. Transfer to Asahikawa city for sightseeing visiting, Hokkaido Folk Arts Craft Village and Otokoyama Sake Brewery.|
|Depart for Lake Saroma, visiting the Hokkaido Ice Pavilion, the first museum in the world to provide the chilling experience of Hokkaido throughout the whole year. After lunch visit Engaru Cosmos Park, where millions of beautifully colored cosmos are bloom under an infinite blue sky. Tonight’s dinner is Kaiseki(Japanese course).|
|Travel by coach to Lake Kussharo visiting Lake Notoro, Glasswort Colony and Drift Ice Museum. After lunch, travel to Lake Mashu, considered by many to be Japan’s most beautiful lake and known as the clearest lake in the world.|
|If the weather permits, an early morning rise to take in the spectacular views of ‘Unkai’, sea of clouds a mystical event of nature. Travel to Kushiro by coach visiting Kushiro Marshland and enjoy a canoe tour. This area was designated as a national park to preserve the country’s largest wetland and marsh habitat which supports the only known population of endangered Japanese Cranes in Japan.|
|Depart for Sapporo by local train and enjoy a Japanese boxed lunch on board (at your own expense). Farewell dinner tonight is at a local restaurant in Sapporo.|
|Tour concludes after breakfast.|
*Optional extended stay
|Travel by coach to Lake Shiraoi visiting Shiraoi Ainu Museum then take a cruise on Lake Shikotsu before travelling back to Sapporo.|
|Tour concludes after breakfast.|
• For full itinerary and accommodation details, please contact JTB New Zealand.
• A fair amount of walking is involved on this tour.
• Pre and post arrangements can be added, please contact us for more details.
• Daily schedule is subject to change due to weather, transport or any other unforeseen circumstances.
• During this period temperature on mountains can drop to 10 degrees or less. Some warm clothing is recommended.
B : Breakfast L : Lunch D : Dinner
Please fill out the form below to book your tour.
Terms and Conditions
- Please read the general booking conditions carefully as they incorporate the basis upon which bookings are accepted by JTB New Zealand Ltd. (“JTB”)