1-Day Snow Monkey Tour (Round-trip from Tokyo)
1. Visit the Jigokudani Monkey Park, a world-famous park where Japanese macaques can be seen up close as they freely soak in hot springs. The hot spring baths here are exclusively for wild monkeys, the only one of its kind in the world. Enjoy seeing the monkeys’ charming expressions while they spend time relaxing in hot springs.
2. Visit the Zenko-ji Temple, a designated National Treasure built roughly 1,400 years ago. Along with the Todai-ji Temple’s Great Buddha Hall, it is one of Japan’s most remarkable wooden structures.
3. Just a Shinkansen ride from Tokyo Station! The guide will meet participants at Nagano Station.
|Monday, Wednesday and Friday. The tour available until 31 March 2017
|Tour Inclusions||English-speaking guide, Lunch, Other admission fees and transportation costs included in the tour|
|Prices from (Per person, Land Only)||NZ$342 PER PERSON
• Minimum 2 persons for the tour to operate (Up to 20 persons per Booking)
|Visits||Chubu (excluding Nagoya/Nagano/Takayama)|
|Duration||approx. 11 hours|
|07:50 – 08:30||Depart from Tokyo Station (110 min)
Please go to Tokyo Station on your own.
Head to Nagano Station via Nagano Shinkansen
|09:10 – 10:00||Arrive at Nagano Station
Meet with the interpreter guide and participants on the “From Nagano” tour at Nagano Station.
|10:00 –||Depart from Nagano Station
Depart for Zenko-ji Daimon
|Sightseeing and Lunch at Zenko-ji Temple (60 min)
Visit Zenko-ji Temple, which boasts 1,400 years of rich history. Its main hall is a designated national treasure.
|Depart from Zenkoji Station (60 min)
Head to Yudanaka Station.
|Depart from Yudanaka Station (10 min)
Head to Kanbayashi Onsen-guchi via taxi.
|Depart from Kanbayashi Onsen-guchi (35 min)
Walk to Jigokudani Monkey Park.
|Jigokudani Monkey Park (50 min)
Visit the Jigokudani Monkey Park, a world-famous park where Japanese macaques can be seen up close as they freely soak in hot springs.
The hot spring baths here are exclusively for wild monkeys, the only one of its kind in the world. Enjoy seeing the monkeys’ charming expressions while they spend time relaxing in hot springs.
|Depart from Jigokudani Monkey Park (35 min)
Walk to Kanbayashi Onsen-guchi.
|Depart from Kanbayashi Onsen-guchi (10 min)
Head to Yudanaka Station via taxi.
|Depart from Yudanaka Station (60 min)
Head to Nagano Station.
|16:30 –||Nagano Station (110 min)
Depart from Nagano Station and head to Tokyo Station via Shinkansen.
Guide service ends at this point.
|18:30 – 19:00||Arrive at Tokyo Station
Tour ends at Tokyo Station. Please head to your next destination on your own after the tour.
B : Breakfast L : Lunch D : Dinner
Please fill out the form below to book your tour.
Terms and Conditions
- Please read the general booking conditions carefully as they incorporate the basis upon which bookings are accepted by JTB New Zealand Ltd. (“JTB”)