Tokyo’s Best Cherry Blossom Spots Tour
1. Visit Tokyo’s most popular cherry blossom viewing sites on this 1-day bus tour. The tour includes visits to some of Japan’s most famous cherry blossom viewing sites including Showa Kinen Park and Chidorigafuchi (or Shinjuku Gyoen), as well as sightseeing around some of Tokyo’s most iconic landmarks such as Tokyo Tower.
2. Inside Showa Kinen Park, admire a scenic landscape formed by roughly 200 cherry trees and an expansive lawn. When in season, tulips and rape blossoms can also be seen blooming radiantly.
3. Head up 150 meters to the Tokyo Tower observation deck to take in the never-ending cityscape and the stunning carpet of cherry blossoms down below.
|2017 : 23 March – 16 April|
|Tour Inclusions||English-speaking guide, Admission charges and transportation expenses noted in the itinerary, Lunch|
|Prices from (Per person, Land Only)||NZ$158 PER PERSON (Subject to exhange rate)
• Minimum 2 persons for the tour to operate (Up to 20 persons per Booking)
|Visits||Tokyo, Tokyo Tower, Showa Kinen Park(Showa Memorial Park)|
|Duration||approx. 9 hours|
|08:30 –||Depart from Check-in Counter on the 3rd floor of Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo’s Main Tower in Shinjuku
Please arrive 10 minutes before the departure time.
Meeting Location: Check-in Counter on the 3rd floor of Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo’s Main Tower in Shinjuku
Access: 5 min on foot from JR Shinjuku Station West Exit.
|Showa Kinen Park (90 min)
The entire park is home to approximately 1,500 cherry trees that bloom in full glory.
Inside, there is a vast garden with a beautiful landscape formed by roughly 200 cherry trees amidst an expansive lawn. There is also a bridge from where rows of cherry trees can be seen lining the river. Participants will be guided to the captivating cherry blossom viewing spots in the park.
Enjoy spring in Japan to the full as you gaze upon delightful tulips, rape blossoms, bonsai trees, a Japanese garden, and other blooms of the season.
|Lunch (60 min)
Enjoy a Japanese-style lunch.
|Tokyo Tower Main Observatory (60 min)
Enjoy a bird’s eye view of cherry blossoms! See a sweeping panorama of the city from 150 meters above the ground.
|Chidorigafuchi/Kitanomaru Park or Shinjuku Gyoen (60 min)
Possibly the most popular cherry blossom viewing spot, this place is visited by over 1 million people from all over the country each year. Delight in the wonderful scenery of a tunnel of beautiful blooms formed by 260 Yoshino and Oshima cherry trees along the water.
- Shinjuku Gyoen
Shinjuku Gyoen opened in 1906 as a modern European-style garden for the Imperial Family. When spring comes, 65 varieties of cherry tree bloom proudly throughout a long period. Those who missed the cherry trees’ peak blooming times can still enjoy cherry blossom viewing here.
*The tour will be guided to one of the locations depending on cherry tree blooming conditions.
|17:40 –||Tokyo Station or Shinjuku Station
- Tokyo Station
If the tour visits Chidorigafuchi, drop-off location will be near Tokyo Station at 17:15. Tour ends near Tokyo Station.
- Shinjuku Station
If the tour visits Shinjuku Gyoen, drop-off location will be near Shinjuku Station at 17:00. Tour ends near Shinjuku Station.
After disembarking, please head to your next destination on your own.
*The drop-off location will vary depending on the itinerary. Information will be announced by the guide on the day.
B : Breakfast L : Lunch D : Dinner
Please fill out the form below to book your tour.
Terms and Conditions
- Please read the general booking conditions carefully as they incorporate the basis upon which bookings are accepted by JTB New Zealand Ltd. (“JTB”)