Hokkaido Rail Pass
The Hokkaido Rail Pass allows you to travel by (JR) train in Hokkaido – Japan’s stunning northern island. Hokkaido is home to world-class ski resorts, beautiful natural scenery and amazing experiences. The pass is exclusively for foreign tourists holding a temporary visa of up to 90 days. You can nominate a starting date within one month of exchanging your exchange order for your pass for the 3 and 5 days passes, but the 4 day flex pass (4 days use with a 10 day period) starts the day you make the exchange.
Choose your JR Hokkaido Pass below!
Enter Rail Pass Requirements
Please make sure to read the terms and conditions below.
If you are a tourist visiting Japan from abroad for sightseeing:
You must be visiting Japan under the entry status of “Temporary visitor” according to Japan Immigration Law. When you enter Japan for sightseeing, entry personnel will stamp the passport as “Temporary visitor”. Only a person who has a passport bearing this stamp can use a JAPAN RAIL PASS. Please note that according to strict interpretation of the Japanese Immigration Law, “Temporary visitor” status differs even from other types of stays that are also for only short time periods.
If you are a Japanese national living in a foreign country:
You cannot use JR Hokkaido Passes.
- In a rare case when travellers have dual passports (Japanese & Other), unless your valid non Japanese passport is stamped with “Temporary Visitor”, issuance of JR Hokkaido pass will be refused.
Validity for JR Hokkaido pass:
- The valid period of a JR Hokkaido pass is the consecutive 3, 5 or 7 days or flexible 4 days within a 10 day period beginning on the date the PASS is first used.
- Within three months from the date the Exchange Order was issued, you must turn in your Exchange Order to obtain your JR Hokkaido pass (for example, an Exchange Order issued on 15APR would have to be turned in by 14JUL). At that time, it is necessary to specify the date that you want to start using the Pass. It can be any date within three month from the date the Exchange Order was issued.
- Once the PASS has a starting date written on it, the date cannot be changed.
- Delivery to PO box is accepted.
- Delivery and handling fee charge to be added (Courier Post NZ$15.00).
(Please Note: You may expect some delay for Courier Post during the holiday seasons.)
- JTB is not liable for lost or misplaced passes sent via Courier Post.
- Refund can only be made with the original JR Pass Exchange Order within one year of the date of issue.
- After the pass is exchanged in Japan, the ticket is non refundable and non changeable.
- Neither an Exchange Order nor a Japan Rail Pass can be reissued if lost or stolen.
- 10% of the price will be charged as a refund handling fee.
- Credit card surcharge and courier fee are non refundable.
- Please read the general booking conditions carefully as they incorporate the basis upon which bookings are accepted by JTB New Zealand Ltd. (“JTB”)