Explore Japan by Rail 21 Day Tour
Sit back and relax as you travel on some of the world’s fastest high-speed trains, including the world famous Bullet Train (Shinkansen). This fully escorted tour will take you by train all over Japan, using a Japan Railpass. Stay in hotels near the stations. Visit historic Hiroshima and Kyoto. Enjoy the Japanese countryside of Takayama and the excitement of Tokyo.
2020: 15 Mar, 5 Apr, 17 May
This Japan by Rail Tour will operate with an experienced JTB escort and local guides where applicable who can assist with the entire trip, from sightseeing to shopping and dining.
• 2 lunches and 4 dinners
• Return airport transfers
• Rail station to hotel transfers where applicable
• Tokyo 1 day tour
• Osaka afternoon tour
• Himeji half day tour
• Kyoto 1 day tour
• Hakone and Lake Ashi tour
• Hokkaido Lake Shikotsu, Sapporo full day tour
• Japan Rail Pass 14-day Economy Class
• Domestic ﬂights from Tokyo – Osaka, Osaka – Nagasaki, Sapporo – Tokyo
• 6 luggage transfers (Tokyo – Nagasaki – Kyoto – Takayama – Tokyo – Hakodate – Tokyo)
• Tour escort starts from day 2
Osaka – Granvia Osaka
Nagasaki – Hotel New Nagasaki
Hiroshima – Granvia Hiroshima
Kyoto – Kyoto Century Hotel
Kanazawa – Hotel Nikko Kanazawa or ANA Crowns Plaza Kanazawa
Takayama – Hida Hotel Plaza or Associa Takayama Resort
Hakone – Yoshiike Ryokan or Ryokan in Hakone Japanese Style room
Sendai – Hotel Metropolitan Sendai
Hakodale – Lavista Hakodate Bay Hotel
Sapporo – Keio Plaza Sapporo
• All hotels are subject to change at any stage due to availability. The same category hotel will be confirmed if hotel changes.
B : Breakfast L : Lunch D : Dinner
Remarks• Optional sightseeing (as stated on this itinerary) with tour escort: Local transfer costs, entrance fees and lunches on these tours are NOT included in the tour cost (21 days approximately NZ$300 per person). This is to be paid while on the tour.
• A fair amount of walking is involved on this tour.
• Hotels are subject to change of the same category.
• Daily schedule is subject to change due to weather, transport or any other unforeseen circumstances.
• Luggage transfers as per tour itinerary are recommended by JTB as there is limited space on local transport. The Japan hotel luggage transfer service is very reliable; your large luggage will be safe when you send it onto the next city – as stated on this itinerary.
• Please contact JTB New Zealand for further details.