IIYAMA – The Shin-etsu Trail
Situated in the far north of Nagano Prefecture, Iiyama is a city lost in time where untouched beauty surrounds ancient tradition. You will experience a unique and stunning walking trail called “The Shin-etsu Trail” which boarders Nagano and Niigata Prefectures. During spring, the last traces of snow and the new season’s blossoming creates a picturesque scene never to be forgotten. In the fall, hikers can walk and take in the beauty of the brilliant autumn colours. Escape the hustle, this walking tour is sure to relax the mind and free the spirit.
3 Day-Partially Guided: Middle of Jan – Mar 2018
3 Day: 2 nights accommodation with daily breakfast, 1 dinner, 1 picnic lunch, Transfers(see itinerary), Snow shoe rental + winter boots, English speaking local guide.
3 Day: TWIN $530 / TRIPLE $460
*All prices are subject to availability.
3 Day: Nabekura Kogen Mori-no-ie
*Hotels are subject to change (same star rating).
3 Day: Dinner & the local hot springs may be swapped on day 1 & 2.
4 Day-Self Guided
Walking time: 5-6 hours / Lowest point: 563m above sea level / Distance: 10.7km / Difference in elevation: 459m / Highest point: 1,022m
Walking time: 5 hours / Lowest point: 910m above sea level / Distance: 10.2km / Difference in elevation: 225m / Highest point: 1,135m
B : Breakfast L : Lunch D : Dinner
3 Day-Partially Guided
Winter Mountain Fun
For those who prefer winter activities off the slopes, Iiyama offers always-popular snowshoe tours! Discover animal footprints in the snow, see breathtaking panoramic views, and experience the thrills of a backcountry winter.
In the evening, return transfer will be provided to/from the local hot springs. Enjoy dinner & hot springs(own cost).
Walking time: Between 4.5-7 hours / Distance: 4.5-7km
*Course, time and distance depends on the season.
B : Breakfast L : Lunch D : Dinner
Things to do in Iiyama
WASHI (Japanese paper)
Please read the general booking conditions carefully as they incorporate the basis upon which bookings are accepted by JTB New Zealand Ltd. (“JTB”)
- 1. Planning Company: JTB Japan Travel Corp.
Address: 2-3-11 Higashi Shinagawa, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo
Japan Tourism Agency Registered Travel Agent (No. 1955)
- 2. Please note that the scheduled itinerary is subject to change, such as changes to the order or amount of time spent at destinations as a result of public transportation circumstances, road conditions, etc.
- 3. Vegetarian meals are not available on this tour.
- 4. This tour visits a wide range of areas in Japan, from Hokkaido to Okinawa. In Hokkaido and Aomori the temperature may drop below 0°C even in the daytime, and snowfall may be heavy. In contrast, the high temperature in Okinawa may be around 20°C. With a maximum temperature difference of about 30°C, participants on this tour will need to bring the appropriate clothing and items for the climate at each destination.
- 5. [Day 2 / For tour departing on Jan. 29 only] The tour will join the Gokayama Illumination Tour, which is a 1-day tour operated by JTB, and other international and Japanese customers will also be on board.
- 6. [Day 6] As drift ice is a natural phenomenon, in some cases drift ice may not be seen after the ship departs, but no refunds will be issued even if participants do not get to see drift ice.
- 7. [Day 9] Hirosaki Castle will be viewed from the outside only. Participants cannot enter the castle keep.
- 8. [Day 10] Suitcases and other large-size luggage will be sent from Hotel Nikko Fukuoka to Hotel JAL City Naha. Luggage pick-up will be on Day 12, so please pack a backpack or similar small bag for 2 days for your personal belongings on Day 11 and Day 12. (Luggage shipping for 1 piece of luggage per participant is included in the tour booking charge. Charges must be paid on site for any additional luggage.)
- 9. [Day 11 & Day 12 / For tours departing on Jan. 29 & Feb. 1 only] The visit to Nago Park may be changed to Ryukyumura depending on the blooming conditions of the cherry blossoms. No refunds will be issued in such cases.
- 10. [Day 14] For the Mt. Fuji & Hakone Tour, this tour will join a tour operated by JTB for international travelers, and the interpreter guide that accompanied the tour through Day 13 will change to a different guide.
- 11. Rooms for each hotel on this plan must be 1 room for 2 guests. Room types cannot be selected.
- 12. Children younger than 6 years old are not permitted to participate.
- 13. This tour is accompanied by an English-speaking interpreter guide for the entire itinerary, except for free time sections of the tour. Note that in some cases, all sections of the itinerary may not be led by the same interpreter guide. In such cases, there is a possibility that certain transfers via airplane, etc. may not be accompanied by an interpreter guide.
- 14. Depending on the number of participants and the destinations, a different type of vehicle such as a large taxi or minibus may be used.
- 15. Seating requests for transportation are not accepted.
- 16. If the minimum number of participants (2) is not met by 20 days before the scheduled date, the tour on that date may be cancelled.